Old 13-08-2011, 07:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Close to Spring

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:17:41 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:08:23 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

I have seen a very neat
little still in a brew shop in Mildura, but I wouldn't know it was a pot
or
a conventional one.

This page explains the basic differences:
http://homedistiller.org/types.htm

Aaaah! Thank you - a very interesting site.

No sun here lately, we're flooded in for the fourth time this year.

Bugger!

All the locals say they've never seen weather like this before, what
with record snow falls as well. At the same time ironically this
winter has been relatively warm. I need to go to Hobart this Friday,
so hopefully we won't get much more rain this week...

IIRC, you're somewhere up the nth east coast???????

Yup, in the NE but inland somewhat, hence the heavy frosts.

One good thing being in a mountainous area is that whilst we do get
what seems to be fairly regular flooding here (at least these days it
seems), it also drains away quickly. Flash flooding, snow/ice and
fallen trees on the roads can make things rather interesting though,
especially if you're trying to get home after dark... all part of the
adventure of living here I suppose

LOL.