Old 26-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Lar

Default Name That Bug - Photo Included!

In article
,
says...
I'm trying to determine what insect I've got plenty of here in my
garden, and whether he's a gardener's friend or foe.

They are box elder bugs....can become big pests certain
times of the years when they invade the home. Control
can very from insecticidal soap and a vacuum cleaner to
pyrethroids on the outside of the home to help keep them
out. Tree removal is the only way to stop them. I have
found them in Boxelder trees, soapberry trees, Chinese
lantern trees, mature red and silver maples and
fruitless mulberry trees.
--
Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!