Old 13-08-2011, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. Twitter accounts

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

But what I detest most is when someone rings up and says that before
they can speak to me I have to answer security questions. I say "no"
and hang up.

Lloyds Bank did that to me, once. I was polite but very, very
blunt. They stopped doing that almost immediately afterwards.

My bank never emails or phones me. Once I used a cheque from an old cheque
book I thought I had lost and they stopped it which caused me huge
embarrassment. I told them they should have phoned me before they did that
and they said "oh, no, we would never do that, it might not be you that
answers the phone" ?
It took me a while to repair my relationship with the electrician who had
done some work on my house, he was charged £25 having a bouncing cheque, so
I had to pay him that back too.
I went raging down to my bank - they paid me the £25 back, but that is not
good enough really, they should never have done it. I've had an account
with them for over 30 years, there is enough money in it, they should have
checked with me.
It's more than embarrassing to have someone phone you and say your cheque
has bounced. It's not like he could undo his work is it?
I had to drive to his house with the cash.

Luckily he is prepared to do work for me again, even with a cheque :-)