Old 13-08-2011, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. Twitter accounts

"Robert E A Harvey" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 21:12:38 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

and have no
bailiffs after us (phew)

Around 15 years ago I had a baliff knock on our door, demanding a large
sum of money. He was waving a bit of paper from some court somewhere.
On careful inspection I pointed out that the name wasn't mine, and while
I lived at No. xy, the warrant was for No. 1xy.

He looked very carefully at the printed number & at the one on the door,
then recovered his nasty manner. "Nah. Same fing!"

I suggested he come back with a policeman, as the document proposed, and
shut the door on him. He shouted through the letterbox "You've not seen
the last of me, chum!"

That is quite unusual for a bailiff. Most of them are very professional at
their job and if they go to the wrong house they will apologise. Nor do
they assume a threatening manner, but they do need to be forceful, after all
if property needs to be taken for a debt the owners will not like it and may
resist.