Old 13-08-2011, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Coffee Kills Slugs

"gardenlen" wrote in message

g'day bertie,

we've used coffee for snail/slug controlm usually buy the el-cheepo
instant then mix it to road tar strenght sort of, and spray it around
the base of the plant and the adjacent soil need re-application after
rain/watering, we find it works best on the youngest slimmies.

can't imagine any beneficials suffering, as we apply it just before
dusk to work through the night.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:59:01 +0100, "Bertie Doe"

Thanks Len, I thought it was too hot and dry in Oz for slugs. One of my
neighbours loves Hostas, but she refuses to use slugs pellets. She's getting
cheesed off using a torch and salt-cellar and is going to give 'em a coffee
treat instead.