Old 15-08-2011, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default White stuff on lawn

On 15 Aug 2011 01:12:04 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

In

Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 14, 8:03*am, "Steve B" wrote:
Every morning, we find white mounds of stuff on our new lawn the size
of dinner plates. *It looks like wet bread pieces. *It dissolves and
goes away with a spray, but they are now there every day. *Anyone
know of what these are? *I got some Mold King, of such, at HD for $1
a gallon, and might try some on a spot.

Take a sample in to your neighborhood nursery. They may have seen it
before.

If you do, be careful how you handle it and package it; I doubt that
your local nursery would be happy to have you bring in something that
kills their stock.

I'd not bring it anywhere. Take some high resolution photos, then do
some research and comparisons, and if stumped bring the photos to
someone claiming expertize. I've had luck emailing photos to botanic
gardens, conservatories, and colleges. There are plenty of web sites
one can tap for assistance in identification, I've used this a few
times because I occasionally find odd looking mushrooms on my
property:
http://academic.evergreen.edu/projec.../phm/index.htm