Old 15-08-2011, 05:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve B[_6_] Steve B[_6_] is offline

Default White stuff on lawn

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
. ..
In

Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 14, 8:03 am, "Steve B" wrote:
Every morning, we find white mounds of stuff on our new lawn the size
of dinner plates. It looks like wet bread pieces. It dissolves and
goes away with a spray, but they are now there every day. Anyone
know of what these are? I got some Mold King, of such, at HD for $1
a gallon, and might try some on a spot.

Take a sample in to your neighborhood nursery. They may have seen it
before.

If you do, be careful how you handle it and package it; I doubt that
your local nursery would be happy to have you bring in something that
kills their stock.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

I solved the mystery today, and it is quite interesting.

We got a part shihtzu dog from the rescue center about a year ago. This dog
is just off the chart when food is brought out. She shakes. Vet says it is
because of her hungry puppyhood, and it will be permanent, but she'll get
better with knowing she will be fed.

Today, I found a pile, and blew it apart with a garden hose. It was the
mushrooms that have been coming up in our newly sodded yard. Thankfully
they are obviously non poisonous, but she's been grazing and gorging and
then upchucking.

Poor little gal. We're working with her. She's a soft little doll
otherwise.

Steve