Old 15-08-2011, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Please help identify this tree

"David E. Ross" writes:

On 8/15/11 8:36 AM, wrote:
carousel writes:

Please can anyone tell me what this tree is.

|Filename: Photo0256 (2).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14386|

Rose of Sharon.

My favorite garden book says 'Rose of Sharon' is a mallow (Hibiscus
syriacus). The flowers in the photo are definitely not mallows.

The tree shape, leaf, and flower color look like rose of sharon.
I couldn't make out the flower shape but it didn't look quite right
I admit. I have seen some Rose of Sharon with different looking flower
shapes.

A closeup of the flower should be definitive.

--
Dan Espen