Old 15-08-2011, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Quick Decay of Tomatoes

"Davej" wrote in message
Birds have been pecking on my tomatoes this Summer so I have been
picking them a bit green, and then letting them sit on a window sill
(no direct sun) to ripen -- but they are hardly ripe before they
deteriorate (maybe 2-3 days). Is there a better or preferred method
for this? Thanks!

The best thing is to give the birds a source of water nearby. That should
stop them from pecking.

The rotting is a whole different thing, I'd say it's due to some form of
blight.

HTH,
Steve