Old 16-08-2011, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

Default East & West Wall Fruit

On Aug 12, 11:18*pm, NT wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for plants for east & west facing walls in a sheltered
garden in the south east. Must produce food, must be perennials, low
maintenance required as they may get ignored at times, and the more
the yield the better. Available space per planting position is around
6-7' high, varying from 2-15' wide, 1.5 feet deep. Fruit would be
first choice, other options are a perhaps. There are walnuts in the
area, so they'll have to survive the possible walnut toxicity.

Any suggestions?

thank you
NT

Thanks for all the suggestions I'm sitting here drooling and
completely unable to make a decision.

I think plums & blackcurrants, and maybe some hybrid berries and
strawberries. Are full size strawbs also usable for the understorey?
Slugs are a problem here.

cheers

NT