Old 16-08-2011, 05:33 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
It worries me very very much and I was better off not knowing. Its going to take a long time for me to live this down.
I read in today's Daily Telegraph that someone was remanded in custody following first court appearance accused of stealing two ice creams from Patisserie Valerie during the recent riots. Since it seems to me unlikely that a custodial sentence would normally arise from a theft of two ice creams, even at Pat Val prices, I suspect the DT is not telling us the whole story. Amusingly, the thief discovered he didn't like the flavour and gave them to the shop assistant.

I confess I am intrigued by your comments and have been unable to find the first part of your story, ie what you are accused of etc. Can you point me somewhere? Thanks.