Old 16-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Farm-assist Farm-assist is offline
Registered User

I work for Greenthumb, have done since March, and I'm amazed at customer's complaints that their lawns don't look amazing despite the fact they constantly ignore advice from me and my colleagues on mowing regimes, watering, need for scarifying or aeration and even the timing of treatments.

In this dry weather if you don't water your lawn it will turn brown. People say it doesn't need watering, and this is true, but the lawn won't stay lush and green in a drought. If your lawn is like a sponge to walk across then it needs a proper scarification. If the soil is solid it could do with aeration. Don't just ignore problems and hope they go away then blame the Greenthumb man (or woman) when they don't.

Greenthumb are there to treat weeds, feed the grass and advise on cures for other problems (watering, mowing height, soil condition, thatch, disease, pests). If you want your lawn to look its best you need to follow the advice and not just ignore your lawn between visits from Greenthumb.

Oh and I've been spraying, with a license, since 2005.