Old 16-08-2011, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default A nice day at court(magistrates, not tennis)

Mike Lyle wrote in
:

You spoke to the Clerk to the Justices, or a clerk working for the
Court? A slight difference, as the latter is, well, a clerk; the
former isn't what we'd commonly call a "clerk", but a lawyer, who will
usually ensure the Justices don't commit bloopers: on the whole I'll
be surprised if a learned Clerk would tend to agree with what you say
above. The criminal justice system would crash and burn without JPs.

Oh, and what _is_ a "do-gooder", please?

I spoke to the viperous person who explains to the magistrate in court what
the offender is here for and just what a bad lot the defendant is and
advises the JP, magistrate or whatever you need to call them, do-gooder is
a good description of an idiot I saw give liberty to a callous, no good
trash criminal who invades everyone it comes across. This person is the
clerk of the court.

The do-gooder is that the person, on the bench with 2 others who has no
idea how much they hurt a victim of crime by giving a soft sentence.

All of this is fresh in my mind, and I have spoken to this clerk of the
court, the same person who was physically in court who was advising the
bench.

I hope this explains to you just how good our magistrates courts are.
Crash and burn indeed!

Baz