Old 17-08-2011, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
P. Alves P. Alves is offline

Default Lawn mowers advice

Thanks everyone!

I have to say I was quite impressed with the Hayter Harrier. The problem is that I live in Portugal and I could not find a representative here and did not get any reply from Hayter to my email query.

I have been also looking at the Hondas, but the ones with electric start go for around 1.100 GBP.

Another options are Husqvarna (600GBP), Wolf (500 GBP) and something that I have never heard of: Al-Ko (from germany) (450-550GBP).

The Husqvarnas, some come with a Honda engine while other with Briggs & Stratton. Any thoughts on the engine?

I would prefer an Electric start, because with engine age the pull system seems to became a nightmare and sometimes I get elbow and shoulder pain (problably the problem is my age and not the engine age!). Now I am not sure if this would be the case with a recent technology.

if you ever had any experience with any of theses, your advice will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Tom, Good Portuguese spelling!