Old 17-08-2011, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default A nice day at court(magistrates, not tennis)

Sacha wrote in :

Part of that - not all of it - is the political will behind the
directives given to the judiciary. Quite a lot of politicians seem
to live in a sort of glass cage, unaware that the general public is
becoming mightily frustrated at a lot of the things going wrong
which we used to take for granted.

and the closing of things that could be afforded even during the
great depression, things like public libraries, and mobile libraries
in rural areas, maternity wards in hospitals in remote places etc.

bus services, village shops, price of petrol in rural areas, planning
decisions but I'd say education, crime and NHS are top of many
agendas.
I wonder if we'll ever see the day when the middle-classes revolt!

I find most of them already revolting. Joking.

Baz