Old 17-08-2011, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
gregz gregz is offline

Default Indoor Tomatoes (grow lights)

mkr5000 wrote:
I'd like to try and see it CAN be done, but looking for advice from
someone who has done it.

I have a nice 400w HPS and MH lamp and a great place to grow -- would
like to try some tomatoes indoors this winter.

Specifically, what I'd really like to know are the easiest varieties for
these these conditions -- something medium size, not timy tim's or any cherry tomatoes.

Any help? Thank you.

I know somebody who grew hydroponic tomatoes in basement. Was going to do
it commercially, but never did. Some spices and herbs might be more
profitable.
CFLsI will work on most plants, with the lamps near the plants.

Greg