Old 18-08-2011, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default impatiens disease; update

On 18/08/2011 14:21, Jake wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:19:54 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

pruned- you can read the text in earlier posts

Sorry this is long but trying to explain my reasoning:

(snip)

Thanks, Jake. Very interesting and pretty good proof where the problem
arose!

I think that T & M's comment "This is a widespread disease that effects
plants once they have been planted up" neatly sidesteps the issue. It
could be interpreted as "something else infected the plants after they
had been planted up", but it could equally mean that "it can't be seen
on the small plants we send out", even though they are already infected!

--

Jeff