Old 19-08-2011, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Mystery Animal Damaging my Lawn

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:13:44 +0000, NORTHDUK northduk(OMIT
wrote:

In the last few days, an animal of some kind has been making its way
across my garden and those of the three houses next to me. It has
tunnelled under the fence leaving a hole that might allow a small
terrier to pass through. It makes small round holes in the lawn. These
are about one inch in diameter and roughly an inch deep. Whether it
does this in a search for food, I can't tell. They don't look like
tracks.

The animal seems to be nocturnal as the holes appear overnight and we
haven't yet seen the culprit. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

GDMc

It may be a skunk looking for grubs.

Boron