Old 19-08-2011, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default growing onions questions

Steve Peek wrote:
If you don't do well with the seeds have a look at www.dixondalefarms.com .
They have varieties suited to particular latitudes. Reasonable prices, free
shipping and super nice folks, I have no connection with them other than
being a satisfied customer for many years. This year the variety "Candy"
gave me almost a bushel to the bunch of the sweetest onions I've ever eaten.
The famous Vidalia isn't even close.
Best of luck with whatever you decide,

thanks! i try to support my local greenhouse people
with as much business as i can. i'll pass along the
site to them. perhaps they'll pick up some of the
varieties for their own stock.

we'll see how the rest of it goes. i think i
just finagled a new space for bulb crops next
year. we don't have much light soil space at all
so this is good news. it will make rotating much
easier. one or two new gardens. i was just sitting
here thinking and the lightbulb came on. Ma was
walking by, and i said, "I have an idea." and she
said, "i like it." before i said a thing. then
after i said what i was thinking about this one
garden she says, "I was going to rip all of that
out anyways, i hate it." so there we go. then
she was going to throw another garden right next
to it in the mix. um, oy!

songbird