Old 19-08-2011, 12:32 PM
ZoeHart ZoeHart is offline
Registered User

Location: East Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Heres a very general rule for not only climbers but lots of shrubs as well, 'if it flowers AFTER the end of June- prune in the spring (as its flowering on the current years growth) If it flowers BEFORE the end of June- prune after flowering. There are of course exceptions eg. Hydrangeas but most spring flowering plants set and carry the flower buds over winter !
Lannerman.
Thanks so much ! I'm not sure if it did flower though as it had no flowers when I bought it? :-)