Old 19-08-2011, 05:32 PM
TheBulbNursery TheBulbNursery is offline
Registered User

Location: Cornwall
Arrow

I believe they would die back but should recover the following spring as long as they avoid heavy frosts. You could maybe place them in the shed if we get another five foot of snow this winter! Hope that helps, Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miljee View Post
I saw a great looking idea on GW a few weeks ago where a skilled older lady had put ferns (exotic- looking- Snake something?) in hanging baskets, under trees.

I am wondering if I were to do that now (mid Aug) my ferns would survive the winter outdoors. Not necessarily putting anything exotic in! I am in mid-Hampshire.

Complete amateur Q: they'd die right back over winter, wouldn't they?