Old 19-08-2011, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Mystery Animal Damaging my Lawn

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

FarmI wrote:
"NORTHDUK" northduk(OMIT wrote in message

In the last few days, an animal of some kind has been making its way
across my garden and those of the three houses next to me. It has
tunnelled under the fence leaving a hole that might allow a small
terrier to pass through. It makes small round holes in the lawn.
These are about one inch in diameter and roughly an inch deep.
Whether it does this in a search for food, I can't tell. They don't
look like tracks.

The animal seems to be nocturnal as the holes appear overnight and we
haven't yet seen the culprit. Does anyone have any idea what this
is?

Those holes are much too small to be made by a wombat.

Lucky we are able to rule that out then. It could still be a bunyip.

With that in mind, what has Australia done to stop continental drift,
hmmm? With "Global Warming" the Earth's mantel is getting softer and
less viscous, thereby promoting continental drift. You know what I'm
talkin' about. It'd just be typical if Australia floated in some night,
just off Seattle, unloaded it compliment of undocumented wombats and
bunyips, and then cruised back to where it belongs (just to the right of
the Indian Ocean) by morning. (I've heard that there are even pictures
on the internet that shows Australia on hydro-foils.) Then they would
say, "'Ou me?" And then act all innocent like. This is the sort of thing
that keeps our "Fatherland Security" defenders up at night.

Take action, and "STOP CONTINENTAL DRIFT" for garden's sake.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis