Old 19-08-2011, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Apple tree newbie

Dorcas wrote:
Hello, hubby and I are retired and next year will be moving to a
smaller property. There is just the 2 of us and a sloppy labrador. We
would love to plant an apple tree or 2 but have no idea of how to go
about it. Could you suggest a type of tree, which will start fruiting
before we are dead(!) We've heard of patio ones maybe they would suit
us? Many thanks

Buy tree, dig hole, place root ball in hole, fill around it. Just make sure the
soil line stayes the same as the origional.

Where are you? Best varieties may vary with your climate.