Old 19-08-2011, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Apple tree newbie

Dorcas wrote:
Hello, hubby and I are retired and next year will be moving to a
smaller property. There is just the 2 of us and a sloppy labrador. We
would love to plant an apple tree or 2 but have no idea of how to go
about it.

Go to the local library and get some books.

Could you suggest a type of tree, which will start fruiting
before we are dead(!) We've heard of patio ones maybe they would suit
us? Many thanks

If planted in a good situation you will get fruit within about 4 years of
planting and a good crop within 7 years.

Choose according to your climate and the space available and don't forget
pollination issues when choosing your cultivar(s).

David