Old 20-08-2011, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Veg ID please...

On Aug 19, 10:32*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On Aug 19, 7:08*pm, harry wrote:

On Aug 19, 3:06*pm, "Wally" wrote:

I have some of these growing among my beetroot, as the seed
came in the same packet I think they might be the same family.
Can anyone please identify them and let me know how to prepare
them for the table??

http://wally1002.tripod.com/wassit/DSCF0018.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Wally

You get these from time to timein beetroot. *I just chuck them out.
Dunno what they taste like!

If you got the seed from one of the well known seed merchants then you
could try emailing them with a picture, they may have an answer, and/
or mat replace the seed.

I had three or four appeared last year among the red ones. None this
year. Some sort of throwback I assume.

I have seen it in carrots too (White ones) I belive carrot was bred
from from a plant that is poisonous.