Old 20-08-2011, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Blight!

wrote in message
Not on the allotment - all potatoes and tomatoes on my plot are still
fine!
(although apparently everyone else's tomatoes have been blighted out
already!) ... but in the greenhouse! :-(
It's the plant nearest the door, touch wood it's not spreading as of yet.
And it's a fruiting branch, too.

Do I remove the whole plant now, whilst it's not spreading, or can I get
away with just cutting away the affected branch? And how's best to
dispose
of? (presumably not in the compost or the food waste bin!)

Dammit, only just getting my first tomatoes ripe, too!

--

I use "Bordeaux mixture", it won't cure blight but it will prevent
it if applied before the blight attacks.

HTH

Wally