Old 20-08-2011, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Blight!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Regarding your present situation, you need to remove the infected plant
totally and burn it or take it to your Council recycling plant and put it
in the general waste NOT the green waste. Keep a good eye on the
remaining plants and do not get water on them when you water to ensure the
leaves stay dry, Blight needs damp leaves to infect.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

Partly due to inexperience and indifference, I once grew tomatoes in my
little greenhouse, and when they started to ripen I just couldn't be
bothered to water them. I had a smashing crop and AFAIK no blight

On another occasion, I had to leave my greenhouse for a few days, so
inserted plastic pop bottles neck down full of water, one by each plant.
The water slowly emptied into the soil ad watered the plants, but nothing on
the leaves

Ignorance is sometimes bliss :-)

Bill