Old 20-08-2011, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

Default East & West Wall Fruit

On Aug 17, 10:56*pm, Spider wrote:
On 16/08/2011 14:39, NT wrote:
On Aug 16, 8:08 am, *wrote:
On 16/08/2011 01:56, in article
, "NT"
*wrote:

I think plums& *blackcurrants, and maybe some hybrid berries and
strawberries. Are full size strawbs also usable for the understorey?
Slugs are a problem here.

They're useable, but a magnet for slugs, and you were looking for
low-maintenance.

OK thanks. I don't know what to use for ground cover then, alpine
strawbs don't really appeal. I've grown them in the past.

NT

It's not a fruit, I know, but might courgettes suit the understorey instead?

When I've grown them before, they're almost as big as the redcurrants.
Is it really possible to plant one under the other, and still get good
results?

NT