Old 20-08-2011, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT. Twitter accounts

"Tom" wrote in message
6.253...
Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

But what I detest most is when someone rings up and says that before
they can speak to me I have to answer security questions. I say "no"
and hang up.

When sombody does that I ask them to authenticate their
identity to me first. Followed by a short discussion about
why that's necessary...

Ask them where they are calling from, home or abroad. Talk to them about the
weather and what it is like where you are. Then inform them that you must
dash but 'Thanks for the call, been nice talking to you' and put the phone
down.

Another is if possible, keep the conversation going on your subjects.

Another, ask them who they wish to speak to, 'Who wants him/her/them?' they
may say, then 'Hang on I will go and find him/her' and put the phone down so
they can hear the radio/TV distant conversation. every so often pick the
phone up, 'Are you there still? Hang on trying to find him/her' and put the
phone down again before they have time to say anything. ....... They soon
hang up.

Mike