Old 21-08-2011, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default parking on grass

On Aug 18, 3:27*pm, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I note that, in my area, when planning permission for drives is
granted, they usually impose a condition that there is no lose
surfacing material within a stated distance of the highway.

Some places now require that a drive has to be large enough to allow
the car to be turned, so that drivers do not reverse into the
carriageway. This effectively stops the removal of a front wall and
parking on the tiny front gardens of terraced housing, although I
suppose people already doing it cannot have permission revoked.