Old 21-08-2011, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default parking on grass

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

It is funnier when some prat does it with tarmac and then finds that the
runoff water pools around their front door and/or enters the house next
time there is a serious thunderstorm!

Whenever there is, all the water runs off the pavement and into
our drive, causing a large pool 4" deep! As our drive is well
engineered, being both permeable and with a drain into rubble
in the middle, and the soil is permeable, it's not a major problem.
I have thought of charging the Highways Authority for drainage
services :-)

Another 2" and I would be getting VERY stroppy, as that would get
into the garage.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

What if you have a downpour or cloudburst? How will it effect the house? The
pair of houses opposite me were flooded to skirting board level four times
in the first sixteen years I lived here, because the water was pouring off
the pavement, down the drive and through the air bricks. I videoed it on the
last time and when the Council and the Water Board said "we can't do
anything about it" I sat them in front of the TV and showed them the video.
A Council Highways Engineers, Kevin Hurst said 'I can see the problem' and
realigned the road surface to take the water away. But had I not videoed it,
they would never have done anything. Kevin was brilliant. The road was shut
for a week whilst they dug down to the base and re-aligned.

I had the same problem at the bottom of my gardens where my garage is. Had
to fight but again the road was closed, this time for two weeks as it was a
much bigger job, but I had the road re-aligned and a massive drainage system
put in. http://www.myalbum.com/Album=IKKSLEBF

Mike