Old 21-08-2011, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default parking on grass

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:

It is funnier when some prat does it with tarmac and then finds that the
runoff water pools around their front door and/or enters the house next
time there is a serious thunderstorm!

Whenever there is, all the water runs off the pavement and into
our drive, causing a large pool 4" deep! As our drive is well
engineered, being both permeable and with a drain into rubble
in the middle, and the soil is permeable, it's not a major problem.
I have thought of charging the Highways Authority for drainage
services :-)

Another 2" and I would be getting VERY stroppy, as that would get
into the garage.

What if you have a downpour or cloudburst? How will it effect the house?

As I said. The catchment area is not huge. Now, if they stop
maintaining the drains on the carriageway, I shall be taking them
to court.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.