Old 21-08-2011, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Curly beans

Rikki wrote:
I don't mind what shape my beans, carrots, parsnips etc are, they do
all taste the same. Most of my beans are normal, but I have had a few
that are literally curly. I just wondered if there was anything that
could be the cause.

I've found 'wrong shape' carrots are less appealing cos they're harder to
clean, as they have more bits to get soil caught in. Beans that are curly
are ok as long as they don't have 'fault' bits in them, which need cutting
out. If you have them all straight, you can just line them up to top and
tail all in one go!