Old 21-08-2011, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rikki Rikki is offline

Default Curly beans

On Aug 21, 10:19*am, Baz wrote:
wrote :

Rikki wrote:
I don't mind what shape my beans, carrots, parsnips etc are, they do
all taste the same. Most of my beans are normal, but I have had a few
that are literally curly. I just wondered if there was anything that
could be the cause.

I've found 'wrong shape' carrots are less appealing cos they're harder
to clean, as they have more bits to get soil caught in. *Beans that
are curly are ok as long as they don't have 'fault' bits in them,
which need cutting out. *If you have them all straight, you can just
line them up to top and tail all in one go!

I still do not know 'curly', does this mean that they go through 360
degrees, in spirals? Or simply curved. I know what the dictionary says, but
very very often, to posters here the dictionary is a bit of a relic.

Baz

Yes, some of them are spirals. On the same plants I have normal and
some curly ones. I just don't know what causes it