Old 21-08-2011, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Veg ID please...

"Wally" wrote in message
I have some of these growing among my beetroot, as the seed
came in the same packet I think they might be the same
family.
Can anyone please identify them and let me know how to
prepare
them for the table??

http://wally1002.tripod.com/wassit/DSCF0018.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Wally

Sounds like a throwback, lucky you! Have you tried eating
it as a beet or carrot or other root vegetable? Are the
leaves tasty, like cabbage? Could be a mangel-wurzl.
Anyway, let it sprout, keep the seed and sprout it as a
sprouting seed, like mung beans, in a bean sprouter. And eat
as bean sprouts, which cost a lot from the supermarket.