Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
LM

Default what is the best way to clean flourite?

Hi,

I didn't do dry filtering, but wet filtering using fne wire mesh kitchen
sieve. took the sieve outside, dumped some flourite in it, and hosed it
down.. your volume of flourite may diminish quite a bit when you're done,
but it definitely got rid of all the powder very quickly..

word of caution. make sure you do this where you don't mind having reddish
brown particles all over the place. I did mine over a flower bed (figured
that the plants won't mind).

if you don't have access to the outdoors, it may be difficult. aside from
not enough running water, if you use indoor drain, it may clog it from all
the powder you take out... may be you can clean the sieve-full of flourite
in a bucket instead of running water. this way, most of the stuff will come
out of the sieve, and when you take it out, it will be more clear... (sorry
for the mangled description...)

linda

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
news
I just got some bags of flourite. I've cleaned one bag already buy dry
filtering the powder out with a kitchen strainer and then washing a few
handfuls at a time in a 5 gallon pail. After a few hours of constant water
running in the tub (probably used about 500 gallons!) I finally managed to
get the water somewhat clear.

Is there a better way to clean it? (I live in a condo...no hose)

Dave.