Old 22-08-2011, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Root Killer

On 8/22/2011 9:14 AM, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

My mother has a couple of well established shrubs that she doesn't
want. They've been cut down to ground level, but the roots are solid
and cannot be dug out. Is there any root killer that would stop it
growing again?

Some shrubs cut like that will never regrow ( broom, for instance, and
many conifers) so you may not even need a root killer. Just leave them to
decompose naturally.

With broom, I've found that the ones I want to get rid of, grow back
even after severe chopping. The ones I want to keep (a family member
'helped' in the garden) will die after heavy 'pruning'...