Old 22-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Default If you were getting rid of an evergreen windbreak...

It was a hedge (species unknown) which was neglected and grew about twenty feet tall. The bottom half was just trunk and the top had barely any leaves. Anyway, we are cutting it down to replant. We originally planned on hiring a digger to pull the stumps out, but a friend has advised just cutting the stumps down to the ground, making deep cuts in them to collect rain water, and letting them rot where they are. We have space to replant between/around them.

What do you think?

Thanks

Laura