Old 22-08-2011, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Have you had an electrical accident in the garden?

wrote in :

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Wiki is usually reliable on most scientific and mathematical topics and

Usually?

you can always check the references from the bibliography. It can
sometimes be corrupted in the life histories of politicians for partisan

Sometimes?

gain (as past incidents will amply demonstrate). And every now and then
the Young Earth Creationists try to wreck geochronology pages (and not
just on Wiki). Wolframs site may be better for mathematics.

May?

I am afraid that it isn't but, as I said, it's as reliable as any of
the other sources that are likely to be available or comprehensible
to most people. My experience is that it is actually BETTER than
Wolfram's site for mathematics, as it over-simplifies less.

Better?
Of course, my standards are those of a traditional academic pure
mathematician :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

SSSScary. An academic pure mathemetician who uses conjecture as?conjecture?
on a website whose purpose is to mislead?

You know, man I adore your beleif.

Maybe it's time you gave up the math bit and concentrate on day to day
living. Get yourself a calculator, or a more basic tool such as a life.

Of course, my standards are those of a traditional academic pure
mathematician :-)...I pity you, really pity you.

Baz