Old 22-08-2011, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default parking on grass

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 01:21:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
and of course you can't pave front gardens.

You can't? Why not? I had my front garden block paved to provide
parking
as I don't have a garage.

Nor much of a front garden anymore :-)

Actually it is OK, I have soil borders with plants in each side and
besides, my back garden makes up for it. It's 1,000 square yards which is
enough garden for me.
I would have had to pay more insurance on the car if I parked it on the road
and when I moved here it was already tarmac-ed which was breaking up and a
real mess.
(how do you spell that? Tarmacked? Tarmacced? or what? anyway, it was
covered with disintegrating tarmac)

I hope you do not think that I am the sort of person who covers her garden
with block paving, decking and gravel for the low maintenance effect.

Tina