Old 23-08-2011, 01:33 AM posted to sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.botany,sci.agriculture

Default horses love tree leaves: stories about my horses and cats

On 8/19/11 4:23 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
Well, I made a startling discovery about my horses and when I run out
of fresh green pasture grass. My horses love eating leaves of elm,
mulberry, ash and other trees. So I prune along the fence rows the
trees branches and give them those to feed on for the day.

This takes added time, and more time to clean up the denuded limbs on
the ground, but it is well worth it for I have to clean up the brush
anyway.

And what is worse is the old practice of cleaning up brush and setting
fire with air pollution.

My way, the horses get good food, and I get more firewood in the end.

Some cut.

You might want to take a look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/3pokpn5
Some trees and plants are toxic to horses.