Old 23-08-2011, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cordyline palm

On 22/08/2011 15:13, silvery wrote:
I think that's what it is. It seemed to die in the cold of last year.
I had it cut down, I thought it was a bit of an eyesore anyway. But
now it appears to be re-growing. It's too close to the house, so how
can I get rid of it?

Would appreciate any tips.

Info he
http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com...line-australis

I tried to remove a 1.5 m plant once. Its deep root was in the heavy
clay and ironstone subsoil about 25 cm below the surface. I broke it
off at that depth and replanted the trunk, which fortunately still had
some fibrous roots, and took. A couple of years later I was surprised
to see new shoots from the old site! I guess that the broken-off root
was still viable.

--

Jeff