Old 24-08-2011, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default parking on grass

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"JIP" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
and of course you can't pave front gardens.

You can't? Why not? I had my front garden block paved to provide
parking as I don't have a garage.

Tina

http://www.crystalclearideas.co.uk/b...permission.htm

Thanks for that, very interesting. I'm ok on all counts, I had it
installed prior to 2006, I have soil borders and I think it's permeable.
Phew - no paving police will visit my house!

On a serious note I wonder how many people know about this - presumably
contractors are obliged to tell their customers, but what about d i y
people?

Tina

Just a thought - with or without planning permission the run-off of rain
water will be he same. The difference to the property owner will be the
hassle of having plans drawn, and a fee of £150 paid for the permission.

Sounds more like a fund raising job to me !

Bill