Old 24-08-2011, 10:14 PM
mowerking mowerking is offline
Registered User

i spent 2 hours trying this, gave up in the end and cut it off with a angle grinder as i had a second hand cam shaft, after i cut through the shaft i was then interested in working out how this was so stuck so i put friction plate in vice and cut it clean in half (therefore cutting shaft stump in half), so i now had a semi circle friction plate with a semi circle of shaft in it i STILL couldn't get it out, they seem to weld in to each other, i never seen anything like it.
I know this is no help to u but thought you may be interested to hear my story, so you know your not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmljls View Post
Hi, I'm new here and saw this old posting.
Have you been successful removing the friction disc?
I've got a old Hayter Harrier (mk 2) and have got the same problem. I found the 2 holes and put a couple bolts through them to try to pull the disc off. Used heat and WD40 but nothing moved as yet. I'm a bit reluctant to bash the thing as I don't want to bend the shaft. Any suggestions?