Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
E. Mito

Default Lead weights?

In article ady8a.293355$2H6.4525@sccrnsc04, "WD"
writes:

Why are you pulling them up to prune them? This is silly and damaging to the
health of the plants.

There's nothing "silly" about pulling stem plants up to prune them. This is
usually how stem plants are pruned...keep the nice new growth to replant while
getting rid of the leggy bottom portion. Usually looks better to do it this
way, although some people get away pruning a few types of stem plants (rotala
is one, sometimes I can achieve this with my ludwigia) from the top and still
have good looking plants (i.e. they don't have the crewcut look).

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm