Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default put in new flourite, no pearling, kH dropped.

How much light do you have?
2wpg in a 15 gallon wide...pretty plenty I think.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about pearling. Your plants can be growing well

even
without it.

I've been getting pearling for the entire time (over 3 weeks) that I have
had C02 running...so it was a bit alarming to see it totally disapear.

Wrong. KH naturally drops in a tank. The more stuff you have rotting in

the
tank, the faster the KH drops. I have to change 30% of my water every

week to
keep the KH up in my 29 gallon tank. It's a bit overstocked. The shrimp,
platies, and snails keep breeding....

It's good I know about this..thanx. Yeah I'm starting a regime that
incorporates 50% water changes every week since I'm doing double doses a
week of traces and PMDD. btw, screw the legalities, send me some of your
snail babies! LOL I'm getting desparate...but I am trying to get the
plants to grow good...this will get rid of the algae. Hopefully my new
regime with PMDD will help with this.

Dave.