Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
E. Mito

Default put in new flourite, no pearling, kH dropped.

In article , tose
(LeighMo) writes:

1. I've got no pearling on my leaves (maybe after transplanting all the
plants it takes a few days for them to start "growing" again) My C02 has
been running for about 11 days...21ppm should still produce pearling...

How much light do you have?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about pearling. Your plants can be growing well
even
without it.

In my experience, I've needed CO2 fertilization (I use DIY) and decent light to
see natural pearling (not from injured plants). When I had elevated my light
up a bit higher over my tank to allow some emergent growth to occur (I was
having fun watching one of my swordplants flower -- really nice little
flowers!), I noticed that the pearling I usually saw on my foxtails and rotala
had ceased. When I returned the light to its normal position, pearling started
up again. Pearling stops when my CO2 generator starts to fizz out, too, thus I
think that both CO2 and light are the main factors to get pearling. And
although I agree with LeighMo that pearling is not crucial to plant health, I
do think it's really a pretty sight to see.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm