Old 24-08-2011, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Lack of rain in some areas

On 2011-08-24 16:11:22 +0100, said:

Pam Moore wrote:
"They" promised us a deluge for yesterday, Tuesday. *I had family
staying so we planned to go to the cinema, but went out while it was
still dry, *It didn't rain a drop all day, and we had a good day on
the Mendips. *Countryside looking very dry but at least it's giving
the farmers a chance to harvest what crops there are.
Had a damping here 2 ish today but it's all dried up again now.

Didn't stop all day yesterday. *And it carried on this morning. *Then all of
a sudden I looked out at about 1pm today and thought "oh, blue sky!"

Stair rods here this morning and we thought we wouldn't see one
customer but the tea room was heaving at lunchtime! *I'll never figure
out what it is that makes people decide to come out one day but not the
next. *And now, at closing time, the sun's peeping through but with
dark clouds following up.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

After 2 days of "Summer" , here in "Sunny South Wales" we had a 15 min
burst of heavy rain at around 11am, and nothing since then so I was
able to finish cutting the grass, it's 3rd cut of the year.