Old 25-08-2011, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default my sweet corn seems to be dying

*sigh*. I'm just not having good results with sweet corn.

Well, my gut feeling was that each plant needed more room, so I went
out there with a utility knife and cut down every other plant, and a bit
more. I probably took out about 1/2 of the corn. I noticed that some
still had no sign of ears at all, and I made sure to cut those off.

Some of the plants had 3" to 4" ears, so that was a bit depressing,
cutting those down.

I think that with more room at least I have a chance to get some
harvest, right?

The rows are still spaced the same (tight, at about 13" or 14"), but
at least the plants are now 18" in the rows, instead of 9" apart. I
think I could have gotten away with tight rows, or closely planted, but
perhaps not both.