Old 25-08-2011, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Mortgage Lifter

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:25:30 -0400, songbird
wrote:

The Cook wrote:
For the last several years I have been trying lots of different
tomatoes and I have decided that next year I am only going to plant
Viva Italia, Better Boy, Early Girl and Jelly Bean. I am also going
to plant a second crop of Viva Italia and Better Boy since I seem to
have so much trouble with various and sundry blights and bugs.

a second crop in a different location or?

That is my plant for next year. I have also picked out the spot for
next year's tomatoes -- where the corn is growing this year. It
hasn't had tomatoes in it. In fact, this year's plot was fleshly
plowed for this year. Only grass on it for years.

A couple of days ago I found out what was eating my cantaloupe -- a
turtle.

haha! the race goes to the turtle.
did you catch it in the act?

Yes. He had his head in what was left of the cantaloupe.

songbird

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills